Selecting an Automotive Repair Shop
For most people, a vehicle is their second biggest investment next to a home. It makes sense to take the time to select an auto repair facility that will take the best care of your investment. There are a few things that you should look at before you drop off your car!
Here are five questions to ask when choosing a Automotive Repair Shop
1. Is the Auto repair shop and customer waiting area clean and organized?
Cleanliness and organization are signs of a well-run automotive repair business.
2. Are customers greeted and treated in a friendly and respectful manner?
Many car repair shops excel in the area of customer service and satisfaction. A simple phone call to the auto repair shop to inquire about their car maintenance programs and services can give you a glimpse of how they treat customers.
3. Does the Auto Repair shop have its credentials on display, such as membership in the Better Business Bureau (BBB), certification through the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and membership in various trade associations?
Credentials and affiliations are indicators of professionalism and the management’s commitment to mechanic training and education.
4. Does the Auto Repair Shop provide a written estimate?
The Auto Repair Shop should complete a written estimate and request your signature prior to starting any auto repairs on your car.
5. Does the Auto Repair Shop offer a warranty?
Most auto repair businesses offer a warranty on parts and labor and the warranty is usually in writing or posted in the waiting area.
Take care when selecting an Auto Repair Shop or Mechanic. Ask questions. Have a good experience!